India
COVID-19 Shutdown Violation Cases To Be Withdrawn By Maharashtra Govt
On Tuesday, Maharashtra took a significant step forward by deciding to dismiss all cases filed against people for breaking the rules during the COVID-19 lockdown. Dilip Walse Patil, the Maharashtra Home Minister, announced that his department has accepted the dismissal of FIRs filed under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant). While noting that the plan has yet to be formally approved by the state administration, he stated that it will ensure that students experiencing such situations experience no difficulties, particularly when traveling abroad for education.
Dilip Walse Patil, Maharashtra’s Home Minister, said, “During the lockdown, people’s freedom of movement was restricted. Citizens and students have been charged under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code. The Department of Justice has decided to drop these charges. I’ll forward this idea to the Cabinet and decide how these instances can be dropped. This will ensure that students who choose to study abroad have no difficulties.”
This comes just days after the Ministry of Home Affairs said that, as a result of the dropping number of COVID-19 cases, the provisions of the Disaster Management Act will not be used from March 31. At the same time, it gave states and union territories the authority to take local containment measures in the event of a spike in cases. It also stated that wearing masks and adhering to social distance rules would continue as before.
Maharashtra’s COVID-19 scenario
Only 103 more people in Maharashtra tested positive for the new coronavirus on March 29. The state’s COVID-19 total increased to 78,73,722. There are 960 active cases in the state right now. The number of COVID-19 patients discharged in one day increased to 77,24,982, bringing the total number of recovered to 77,24,982. Most notably, there were no fatalities recorded on Tuesday. COVID-19 has claimed the lives of 1,47,780 people in the state so far.
In labs around the state, 7,93,08,018 unique coronavirus tests have been performed so far. In Maharashtra, the COVID-19 recovery rate is 98.11 percent, while the fatality rate is 1.87 percent. In Maharashtra, 8,90,75,809 people have been immunized, with 7,00,73,107 receiving the second dose of the vaccine.
Latest News
Honor in the Ranks: 15 Navi Mumbai Cops Recognized for Outstanding Service
Police Commissioner Milind Bharambe Among Honorees as Department Celebrates Excellence in Public Safety
The Honours
In a major moment of pride for the city, fifteen officers and personnel from the Navi Mumbai Police Commissionerate have been awarded prestigious service medals for their extraordinary dedication, bravery, and hard work in public safety.
Leading the list of honorees is Navi Mumbai Police Commissioner Milind Bharambe, who received the Ati-Utkrusht Seva Medal for his exceptional leadership and service. Under his stewardship, the Navi Mumbai police force has embraced modern technology-driven policing, yielding notable success in cracking down on narcotics, dismantling drug syndicates, and strengthening urban cybersecurity.
The honors reflect the department’s sharp focus on key community priorities, particularly enhancing women’s safety, modernizing local police stations, and fostering stronger public trust through proactive outreach. Officers across various ranks were recognized for their tireless duty in maintaining law and order across the Commissionerate.
Expressing gratitude for the recognition, department representatives emphasized that the medals belong to the entire force working around the clock to protect residents. The prestigious awards serve as a morale booster for the officers while reaffirming the department’s unwavering commitment to keeping Navi Mumbai safe, secure, and progressive.
Latest News
Thrill Above 300 Feet: Palghar Unveils Glass Skywalk at Dabhosa Waterfall
Independence Day Opening Brings Thrill-Seekers to Palghar’s Tribal Heartlands with Breathtaking Canopy Views
The Skywalk
Tourism in Palghar district got a high-altitude boost on Independence Day with the grand unveiling of a spectacular glass skywalk at the famous Dabhosa Waterfall. Inaugurated by Maharashtra Forest Minister and District Guardian Minister Ganesh Naik, the landmark project marks Palghar’s first-ever transparent skywalk, sparking immense excitement among locals and travel enthusiasts.
Engineered to offer an adrenaline-pumping perspective, the structure features a 5-meter-long transparent glass walkway leading to an 11-foot-wide circular viewing deck. Suspended high above the gorge, it gives visitors a front-row view of Dabhosa’s white waters cascading nearly 300 feet down into the lush green valley below.
Speaking at the inauguration, Minister Ganesh Naik highlighted the dual focus on thrill and regional growth. A designated parking area roughly 400 to 500 feet away is being developed via specialized agencies to manage visitor footfall smoothly while generating vital local revenue for the village panchayat.
“Under the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, our focus is bringing economic and educational progress to tribal-dominated districts like Palghar,” Naik said, emphasizing that eco-tourism projects create sustainable livelihoods.
The inauguration saw a strong turnout of dignitaries, including MP Dr. Hemant Savara, MLAs Rajendra Gavit and Harishchandra Bhoye, District Collector Dr. Indu Rani Jakhar, and SP Yatish Deshmukh. Combining scenic beauty with an edge-of-your-seat thrill, Palghar’s newest jewel is poised to become a must-visit weekend getaway.
Latest News
Vashi’s ‘Ganraj’ Gears Up for 43rd Year with Eco-Friendly Heart
Sector 16A Mandal Honors Founders as Preparations Begin for Navi Mumbai’s Celebrated Ganeshotsav.
The Preparations
A wave of devotion hit Vashi Sector 16A as the Ganraj Vashi Cha Raja Mandal officially kicked off preparations for its 43rd Ganeshotsav celebration. Marking over four decades of community tradition, the mandal held a traditional Mandap Poojan and blessed its new idol transport trolley at Ganraj Chowk.
The ritual was led by Mandal President Vijay Walunj alongside his wife Archana Walunj, with local leader Anjali Walunj, Ajay Walunj, and a large gathering of residents in attendance. Amid chants of “Ganpati Bappa Morya”, the mandal made a heartfelt gesture by inviting and honoring the senior citizens who founded the event 42 years ago.
“We owe our foundation to the elders who started this journey,” said Vijay Walunj. “With their blessings and the hard work of our youth volunteers, we are ready to welcome Bappa once again.”
Recognized last year as Navi Mumbai’s Best Ganeshotsav Mandal for its eco-friendly practices and social awareness themes, the committee promises another impactful experience this season. Beyond elaborate decorations, the mandal remains committed to strict environmental guidelines, clean surroundings, and thought-provoking cultural displays (jhankis).
Organizers invite devotees from across Navi Mumbai and neighboring areas to join the festivities. As preparations wrap up, Sector 16A is set to deliver another memorable season filled with devotion, unity, and social message-driven artwork.
-
Fact Check6 years agoNidhi Razdan, fake Harvard professorship, and here is the explanation through her blog.
-
India4 years agoAs the arrangement with Prashant Kishor falls through Rahul Gandhi has gone overseas again and is uncontactable
-
Technology5 years agoBSNL reveals all new 4G plans starting at ₹16
-
Latest News5 years agoGovernment has spent ₹9,725 crores on Covid-19 vaccination drive so far
-
Latest News5 years agoTata wins Air India with ₹18,000 crore bid
-
Latest News5 years agoJharkhand government cuts Petrol price by massive ₹25 a litre but with a catch
-
Latest News5 years agoRaj Kundra Gave ₹25 Lakh Bribe to Mumbai Crime Branch to Avoid Arrest
-
Navi Mumbai5 years agoNavi Mumbai civic body raids and tests morning walkers, many found COVID positive
