Connect with us

India

Stolen motorcycle was seized near Seemapuri house Delhi Police

Published

on

Officers from the Delhi Police Special Cell working on the investigation into the IEDs found in Seemapuri on Thursday and Ghazipur last month confirmed that a motorcycle was discovered parked in the Dilshad Garden metro station’s parking lot, near the four-story building in Old Seemapuri from which the IED was recovered and destroyed on Thursday, February 17th, 2022. Officials believe that the persons who reportedly put the improvised explosive device (IED) at the Ghazipur Flower Market on January 14 utilised this motorcycle, which was stolen in the year 2020.

According to police, the discovery has revealed a direct link between the two IEDs, and they are now looking into whether local support was given to a “Pakistan-backed terror outfit” that reportedly prepared terror attacks across Delhi.

IEDs found in Seemapuri and the Ghaziabad flower market have been linked by Delhi Police.

The Shahdara police searched the area soon after the IED was recovered from a locked room on the second floor of the Old Seemapuri building, which was left in a bag similar to the one found with an explosive device in Ghazipur, and it was then that they found an unclaimed motorbike parked in a lane near the building, according to a senior police officer.

“At the Ghazipur flower market, CCTV cameras filmed the identical motorcycle. Two suspects were seen riding the bike and carrying the IED backpack near the flower market’s gate number one. “The Shahdara police notified the special cell officers investigating the IED case and turned over the motorcycle to them for further investigation,” a senior officer who did not want to be identified said.

Meanwhile, Delhi Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana claimed on Friday that the found IEDs were made to carry out explosives in public places and that such planning and execution would be impossible without local help.

“We’re attempting to prevent any such occurrence in Delhi by exposing all local and foreign networks,” Asthana said, adding that the IEDs found in Ghazipur and Old Seemapuri appeared to be similar.

An IED comprising ammonium nitrate and RDX was discovered in a Seemapuri home.

On the evening of February 17, 2022, the Delhi police special cell and a bomb squad retrieved an improvised explosive device (IED) from the Seemapuri region of Delhi. The police had got a complaint about a suspicious bag near a house in the Seemapuri region in the afternoon, and teams had raced to the scene. The National Security Group (NSG) was also dispatched to investigate the contents of the bag.

This IED, discovered just days before the second anniversary of the Delhi riots against CAA on February 25, 2020, is linked to the 3 KG of IED discovered in the Ghazipur mandi region on January 17, 2022.

It could be brought back that the Delhi Police, which has been investigating the improvised explosive device (IED) found in the Ghazipur flower market on Friday, January 14, revealed on January 17 that the device was part of a 24-bomb shipment sent by Pakistan’s terror state to Pakistan-backed terrorist sleeper cells or criminal gangs. According to a Delhi police officer, the stash was delivered either by land or by sea.

These IEDs were transported across the border to Indian sleeper modules and criminal gangs, according to sources. This IED was discovered in conjunction with a terror cell related to Dawood Ibrahim, which was raided by Delhi Police in September 2021, with arrests made in Mumbai, Lucknow, Allahabad, and Delhi.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Residents Urge Ganesh Naik to Relocate Amazon Data Centre Away from Neighborhood

Published

on

Local citizens express deep concerns over constant noise, extreme heat generation, and safety risks near homes.

The Urge

Growing anxieties over industrial development encroaching on residential peace have prompted local citizens to seek political intervention against a major technology infrastructure project. Residents have formally approached senior leader and MLA Ganesh Naik, urging him to push for the relocation of a proposed Amazon data centre away from their living spaces.

The planned facility has triggered strong pushback from neighboring families who fear the severe, round-the-clock environmental toll of high-density computing infrastructure. Among their primary concerns are the massive cooling systems and heavy-duty backup generators required to run the facility, which residents warn will produce relentless noise pollution and significantly raise local temperatures.

Additionally, community members raised red flags regarding safety risks, the immense drain on local electricity grids, and the overall decline in neighborhood quality of life. Pushing for a sensible resolution, the residents requested Naik to take up the matter with municipal and state authorities to shift the data centre into a designated industrial zone or a non-residential sector.

“Living right next to an industrial-scale facility jeopardizes our peace, safety, and daily living conditions,” expressed a concerned resident, emphasizing that heavy tech infrastructure belongs far from residential quarters.

As public pressure mounts, residents hope local leadership will successfully intervene to protect their community’s environment and residential character.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Shiv Sena Opposes Turbhe Waste-to-Energy Project Over Corruption Allegations

Published

on

Party leaders demand cancellation of the Rs 2,200 crore tender, alleging contractor irregularities and health risks to local residents.

The Project

A major political controversy has erupted around the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) following strong opposition from Shiv Sena leaders against the proposed Waste-to-Energy project at the Turbhe dumping ground. The project, designed to generate compressed biogas (CBG) from city garbage, has run into severe pushback over claims of massive financial irregularities.

Speaking out on behalf of local communities, Shiv Sena corporator Aniket Mhatre accused municipal officials and political figures of orchestrating a Rs 2,200 crore scam through flawed tender procedures. Party members claim that the selected contractor fails basic eligibility criteria, suggesting that rules were intentionally bypassed during the bidding phase to favor specific interests.

Beyond financial concerns, local leaders highlighted the growing health hazards faced by residents living near the Turbhe site. Pushing for long-term relief, Shiv Sena has urged the Environment Minister to intervene, initiate a formal technical probe into the tender process, and penalize any non-compliant contractors involved.

“We cannot allow public health and civic funds to be compromised,” stated Mhatre, insisting that the entire contract be scrapped and the dumping facility relocated far away from residential zones. With Shiv Sena demanding immediate cancellation of the project, mounting political pressure could force NMMC to re-evaluate its plans for the Turbhe facility.

Continue Reading

Latest News

MNS Threatens Protests Over Unpaid Allowances for Navi Mumbai Civic Workers

Published

on

Party sets deadline for NMMC to clear long-pending dues, warning of citywide agitations if demands remain ignored.

The Protest

A growing dispute over unpaid allowances has pushed municipal sanitation staff, contract workers, and civic employees to the brink of a major showdown with the NMMC. Stepping in on behalf of the struggling workforce, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has issued a stern ultimatum to civic authorities: clear the financial backlogs immediately or face aggressive street protests.

For months, essential municipal workers many of whom form the backbone of the city’s daily sanitation and administrative operations have been waiting on crucial arrears. These include pending festival bonuses, hazard allowances, and overtime payments that remain tangled in administrative red tape. Labor leaders allege that despite repeated appeals, municipal leadership and third-party contractors continue to push back payouts, leaving hundreds of low-income families in distress.

Taking up the mantle through its labor union wing, the Maharashtra Navnirman Kamgar Sena, MNS representatives formally handed a memorandum of demands to the NMMC Commissioner. Party leaders warned that patience among the workforce has worn thin.

“These workers keep the city running every single day, yet they have to fight for basic wages and earned allowances,” said a party spokesperson. “If NMMC administration does not settle these dues without further delay, we will take to the streets and shut down operations at headquarters.”

While NMMC officials maintain that administrative procedures are underway to resolve the billing discrepancies, the threat of an imminent agitation leaves Navi Mumbai facing potential disruption to its essential public services.

Continue Reading

Trending