India
BJP is not in a hurry to establish government
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) may be in a strong position in Goa and has enough votes to create a new government, but it is not in a hurry to meet with the governor. According to the sources, the future chief minister of Goa could be a thorny issue.
According to sources within the party, there is no unanimity on Pramod Sawant’s name at this time, and a decision would be made after the central observers arrive in Goa. Sawant is the most likely contender for the position of CM, according to senior authorities, but nothing has been decided yet. This implies that the BJP will not meet with the Governor on Thursday (March 10).
“At the party’s meeting, the party will decide who will become the chief minister.” “There will be no delay in meeting with the governor, but we also don’t want to rush things,” he said.
Fadnavis didn’t say who might be the next likely candidate for the job, but in the absence of Michael Lobo, who is now in Congress, sources say Vishwajeet Rane could have a lot more clout.
Fadnavis attributed the BJP’s victory to the party’s pro-development platform. “Narendra Modi deserves recognition as well. People believe him and know that new policies will be implemented and bigger good would happen,” he stated.
The MGP, which had established an alliance with the TMC, would also join the BJP, according to Fadnavis. “I am delighted that Babush won but not happy that Utpal lost,” Fadnavis remarked of Utpal Parrikar, the son of former Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who lost the Panjim seat. Fadnavis went on to say that the Parrikar family has always been a part of the BJP’s family.
The BJP is poised to form the government in Goa, despite ten years of anti-incumbency.
Pramod Sawant, the chief minister of Goa, has credited the state’s people for the state’s election success. “I’d like to express my gratitude to Goa’s people. We gained this win due of them, and I owe them a debt of gratitude,” he remarked.
He told India Today TV that the three independents had already called to voice their support for the BJP and that the party would soon lay claim to forming the government.
“It is my party that will make the call on this matter,” he remarked when asked if he would run for state chief minister again. Sawant narrowly won the Sanquelim assembly seat.
Anastasio Babush Monseratte, a controversial BJP candidate, won the Panjim seat, which had been closely watched. Pitted against him was Utpal Parrikar, who contested as an independent from this seat. While Utpal described it as a “tight race,” he did not respond to a query regarding his next steps. Utpal had said before the elections that he was taking a career risk and that he was running on moral reasons.
Supporters of BJP candidate Vishwajeet Rane were seen chanting slogans in support of his chief ministership outside the counting center in North Goa. “I don’t have any aspirations to be the chief minister,” Vishwajeet Rane stated when confronted by India Today. I’ll undertake whatever work my political party assigns to me.”
Babush Monseratte, on the other hand, surprised everyone by publicly expressing his unhappiness with the results. “I won, but I’m not thrilled with the margin of victory.” The president of the women’s wing did not work for me. She was idling her time. We’ve demonstrated this to the BJP and Congress. “I won because of my employees,” he explained.
“I am not leaving the group,” Monseratte responded when asked if his rage would lead to him leaving. “This party will kill me,” he predicted. Monserrate is expected to be granted a high-paying job, according to sources.
On all 40 seats, the BJP ran. Babush Monseratte and Jennifer Monseratte, Vishwajeet Rane, and wife Divya Rane, both powerful couple candidates, won their seats.
Latest News
Residents Urge Ganesh Naik to Relocate Amazon Data Centre Away from Neighborhood
Local citizens express deep concerns over constant noise, extreme heat generation, and safety risks near homes.
The Urge
Growing anxieties over industrial development encroaching on residential peace have prompted local citizens to seek political intervention against a major technology infrastructure project. Residents have formally approached senior leader and MLA Ganesh Naik, urging him to push for the relocation of a proposed Amazon data centre away from their living spaces.
The planned facility has triggered strong pushback from neighboring families who fear the severe, round-the-clock environmental toll of high-density computing infrastructure. Among their primary concerns are the massive cooling systems and heavy-duty backup generators required to run the facility, which residents warn will produce relentless noise pollution and significantly raise local temperatures.
Additionally, community members raised red flags regarding safety risks, the immense drain on local electricity grids, and the overall decline in neighborhood quality of life. Pushing for a sensible resolution, the residents requested Naik to take up the matter with municipal and state authorities to shift the data centre into a designated industrial zone or a non-residential sector.
“Living right next to an industrial-scale facility jeopardizes our peace, safety, and daily living conditions,” expressed a concerned resident, emphasizing that heavy tech infrastructure belongs far from residential quarters.
As public pressure mounts, residents hope local leadership will successfully intervene to protect their community’s environment and residential character.
Latest News
Shiv Sena Opposes Turbhe Waste-to-Energy Project Over Corruption Allegations
Party leaders demand cancellation of the Rs 2,200 crore tender, alleging contractor irregularities and health risks to local residents.
The Project
A major political controversy has erupted around the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) following strong opposition from Shiv Sena leaders against the proposed Waste-to-Energy project at the Turbhe dumping ground. The project, designed to generate compressed biogas (CBG) from city garbage, has run into severe pushback over claims of massive financial irregularities.
Speaking out on behalf of local communities, Shiv Sena corporator Aniket Mhatre accused municipal officials and political figures of orchestrating a Rs 2,200 crore scam through flawed tender procedures. Party members claim that the selected contractor fails basic eligibility criteria, suggesting that rules were intentionally bypassed during the bidding phase to favor specific interests.
Beyond financial concerns, local leaders highlighted the growing health hazards faced by residents living near the Turbhe site. Pushing for long-term relief, Shiv Sena has urged the Environment Minister to intervene, initiate a formal technical probe into the tender process, and penalize any non-compliant contractors involved.
“We cannot allow public health and civic funds to be compromised,” stated Mhatre, insisting that the entire contract be scrapped and the dumping facility relocated far away from residential zones. With Shiv Sena demanding immediate cancellation of the project, mounting political pressure could force NMMC to re-evaluate its plans for the Turbhe facility.
Latest News
MNS Threatens Protests Over Unpaid Allowances for Navi Mumbai Civic Workers
Party sets deadline for NMMC to clear long-pending dues, warning of citywide agitations if demands remain ignored.
The Protest
A growing dispute over unpaid allowances has pushed municipal sanitation staff, contract workers, and civic employees to the brink of a major showdown with the NMMC. Stepping in on behalf of the struggling workforce, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has issued a stern ultimatum to civic authorities: clear the financial backlogs immediately or face aggressive street protests.
For months, essential municipal workers many of whom form the backbone of the city’s daily sanitation and administrative operations have been waiting on crucial arrears. These include pending festival bonuses, hazard allowances, and overtime payments that remain tangled in administrative red tape. Labor leaders allege that despite repeated appeals, municipal leadership and third-party contractors continue to push back payouts, leaving hundreds of low-income families in distress.
Taking up the mantle through its labor union wing, the Maharashtra Navnirman Kamgar Sena, MNS representatives formally handed a memorandum of demands to the NMMC Commissioner. Party leaders warned that patience among the workforce has worn thin.
“These workers keep the city running every single day, yet they have to fight for basic wages and earned allowances,” said a party spokesperson. “If NMMC administration does not settle these dues without further delay, we will take to the streets and shut down operations at headquarters.”
While NMMC officials maintain that administrative procedures are underway to resolve the billing discrepancies, the threat of an imminent agitation leaves Navi Mumbai facing potential disruption to its essential public services.
-
Fact Check6 years agoNidhi Razdan, fake Harvard professorship, and here is the explanation through her blog.
-
India4 years agoAs the arrangement with Prashant Kishor falls through Rahul Gandhi has gone overseas again and is uncontactable
-
Technology5 years agoBSNL reveals all new 4G plans starting at ₹16
-
Latest News5 years agoGovernment has spent ₹9,725 crores on Covid-19 vaccination drive so far
-
Latest News5 years agoTata wins Air India with ₹18,000 crore bid
-
Latest News5 years agoJharkhand government cuts Petrol price by massive ₹25 a litre but with a catch
-
Latest News5 years agoRaj Kundra Gave ₹25 Lakh Bribe to Mumbai Crime Branch to Avoid Arrest
-
Navi Mumbai5 years agoNavi Mumbai civic body raids and tests morning walkers, many found COVID positive
