Connect with us

Latest News

Russia is accused of war crimes in Ukraine where almost 5000 civilians were killed

Published

on

The Russian invasion of Ukraine reached its second month, the United States publicly acknowledged that Russian troops bombed civilian targets on Ukrainian territory, committing war crimes. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken told reporters on Wednesday that Russian troops have killed almost 5,000 civilians in their quest to seize control of Kyiv. They have attacked not just schools and hospitals, but also apartment blocks where ordinary Ukrainians reside.

“The other week, I repeated President Biden’s conclusion that war crimes had been done by Putin’s forces in Ukraine based on the innumerable testimonies and images of destruction and suffering we have all seen,” Blinken said in a statement.

“Today, I can declare that the US administration believes that elements of Russia’s military committed war crimes in Ukraine based on existing facts,” he added.

Blinken drew attention to Russian bombings on a maternity facility and a theatre that had been converted into a refuge in Mariupol, which was under siege. Deti, the Russian term for children, was printed in enormous letters on both buildings, according to him, and could be seen from the sky. “Putin’s soldiers utilised similar techniques in Grozny, Chechnya, and Aleppo, Syria, where they escalated their bombing of cities to destroy the will of the people,” he stated, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s attrition approach.

Biden: ‘I believe he (Putin) is indeed a warmonger.’

Last week, US Vice President Joe Biden referred to Russian President Vladimir Putin as a “war criminal,” a shift in terminology that comes as civilian casualties in Ukraine continue to rise. Biden has stopped short of labelling Russian crimes a war crime, despite imposing heavy penalties on the Russian Federation since its invasion of Ukraine. However, at a public event on Wednesday, Trump stated flatly, “I believe he (Putin) is a war criminal.”

Moscow, on the other hand, was outraged by Biden’s choice of Russian President Vladimir Putin. According to TASS News Agency, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov slammed Biden’s statements, calling them “unacceptable and terrible speech.” The battle is already in its fourth week, and according to the latest reports, Russian forces have advanced as close as 15 kilometres from Kyiv’s centre. Ukrainian resiliency, on the other hand, is holding up well, foiling Russian manoeuvres on the ground and in the air.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Residents Urge Ganesh Naik to Relocate Amazon Data Centre Away from Neighborhood

Published

on

Local citizens express deep concerns over constant noise, extreme heat generation, and safety risks near homes.

The Urge

Growing anxieties over industrial development encroaching on residential peace have prompted local citizens to seek political intervention against a major technology infrastructure project. Residents have formally approached senior leader and MLA Ganesh Naik, urging him to push for the relocation of a proposed Amazon data centre away from their living spaces.

The planned facility has triggered strong pushback from neighboring families who fear the severe, round-the-clock environmental toll of high-density computing infrastructure. Among their primary concerns are the massive cooling systems and heavy-duty backup generators required to run the facility, which residents warn will produce relentless noise pollution and significantly raise local temperatures.

Additionally, community members raised red flags regarding safety risks, the immense drain on local electricity grids, and the overall decline in neighborhood quality of life. Pushing for a sensible resolution, the residents requested Naik to take up the matter with municipal and state authorities to shift the data centre into a designated industrial zone or a non-residential sector.

“Living right next to an industrial-scale facility jeopardizes our peace, safety, and daily living conditions,” expressed a concerned resident, emphasizing that heavy tech infrastructure belongs far from residential quarters.

As public pressure mounts, residents hope local leadership will successfully intervene to protect their community’s environment and residential character.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Shiv Sena Opposes Turbhe Waste-to-Energy Project Over Corruption Allegations

Published

on

Party leaders demand cancellation of the Rs 2,200 crore tender, alleging contractor irregularities and health risks to local residents.

The Project

A major political controversy has erupted around the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) following strong opposition from Shiv Sena leaders against the proposed Waste-to-Energy project at the Turbhe dumping ground. The project, designed to generate compressed biogas (CBG) from city garbage, has run into severe pushback over claims of massive financial irregularities.

Speaking out on behalf of local communities, Shiv Sena corporator Aniket Mhatre accused municipal officials and political figures of orchestrating a Rs 2,200 crore scam through flawed tender procedures. Party members claim that the selected contractor fails basic eligibility criteria, suggesting that rules were intentionally bypassed during the bidding phase to favor specific interests.

Beyond financial concerns, local leaders highlighted the growing health hazards faced by residents living near the Turbhe site. Pushing for long-term relief, Shiv Sena has urged the Environment Minister to intervene, initiate a formal technical probe into the tender process, and penalize any non-compliant contractors involved.

“We cannot allow public health and civic funds to be compromised,” stated Mhatre, insisting that the entire contract be scrapped and the dumping facility relocated far away from residential zones. With Shiv Sena demanding immediate cancellation of the project, mounting political pressure could force NMMC to re-evaluate its plans for the Turbhe facility.

Continue Reading

Latest News

MNS Threatens Protests Over Unpaid Allowances for Navi Mumbai Civic Workers

Published

on

Party sets deadline for NMMC to clear long-pending dues, warning of citywide agitations if demands remain ignored.

The Protest

A growing dispute over unpaid allowances has pushed municipal sanitation staff, contract workers, and civic employees to the brink of a major showdown with the NMMC. Stepping in on behalf of the struggling workforce, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has issued a stern ultimatum to civic authorities: clear the financial backlogs immediately or face aggressive street protests.

For months, essential municipal workers many of whom form the backbone of the city’s daily sanitation and administrative operations have been waiting on crucial arrears. These include pending festival bonuses, hazard allowances, and overtime payments that remain tangled in administrative red tape. Labor leaders allege that despite repeated appeals, municipal leadership and third-party contractors continue to push back payouts, leaving hundreds of low-income families in distress.

Taking up the mantle through its labor union wing, the Maharashtra Navnirman Kamgar Sena, MNS representatives formally handed a memorandum of demands to the NMMC Commissioner. Party leaders warned that patience among the workforce has worn thin.

“These workers keep the city running every single day, yet they have to fight for basic wages and earned allowances,” said a party spokesperson. “If NMMC administration does not settle these dues without further delay, we will take to the streets and shut down operations at headquarters.”

While NMMC officials maintain that administrative procedures are underway to resolve the billing discrepancies, the threat of an imminent agitation leaves Navi Mumbai facing potential disruption to its essential public services.

Continue Reading

Trending