Connect with us

India

EAM: For connections to expand Americans need to have a deeper knowledge of India

Published

on

Dr. S Jaishankar, India’s External Affairs Minister, stated the India-US relationship has seen a “real metamorphosis” over the previous two decades, emphasizing that the human aspect lies at the heart of the relationship.

External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar said that for connections between the two countries to improve, young Americans need have a better awareness of India and the globe. He also said that Americans should recognize the efforts of a civilizational state and republic like India.

“It is critical that you appreciate a civilizational state and a fellow democratic democracy that is every day overcoming huge odds. After all, we’re only natural partners if our people feel strongly connected,” Dr. Jaishankar told the students.

The relationship between India and the United States has changed dramatically in the previous two decades, according to the diplomat-turned-politician. He went on to say that strategic and security cooperation, as well as commercial and technology ties, are becoming increasingly important in international affairs.

Dr. Jaishankar emphasized the importance of people-to-people communication, stating that the human aspect has been the driving force behind this development. In a joint address with US Secretary of State Tony Blinken, he remarked that the 4.4 million Indian diasporas have shaped India’s image in this culture and helped establish ties that are an incredible source of strength for us in our work.

“At its heart are our students, professors, researchers, and professionals, who have aided America’s growth while also serving as a link between our two societies.” “It is also vital for young Americans to have a greater grasp of India and the globe for our connections to expand,” he added.

Dr. Jaishankar further mentioned that politicians in both nations are well aware of the significant impact that educational partnerships can have.

“We recognize the renewed attention on the STEM sector on the American side, notably in initiatives that we are both involved in in the Quad,” the minister said.

Over the Russia-Ukraine crisis, Dr. Jaishankar educates the western media.

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar responded appropriately to the western media’s criticism of India’s choice to purchase a small amount of oil from Russia earlier on Monday.

“I noticed you alluded to oil purchases,” the Indian Foreign Minister stated in response to a query on India’s choice to buy oil from Russia, which has been sanctioned for conducting “special military activities” in Ukraine. If you’re considering buying Russian energy, I’d advise you to look at Europe,” he said.

“We do buy some electricity,” said Dr. S Jaishankar, “which is critical for our energy security.” However, based on the numbers, I believe our total purchases for the month will be less than what Europe purchases in an afternoon. As a result, you might wish to consider it.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Residents Urge Ganesh Naik to Relocate Amazon Data Centre Away from Neighborhood

Published

on

Local citizens express deep concerns over constant noise, extreme heat generation, and safety risks near homes.

The Urge

Growing anxieties over industrial development encroaching on residential peace have prompted local citizens to seek political intervention against a major technology infrastructure project. Residents have formally approached senior leader and MLA Ganesh Naik, urging him to push for the relocation of a proposed Amazon data centre away from their living spaces.

The planned facility has triggered strong pushback from neighboring families who fear the severe, round-the-clock environmental toll of high-density computing infrastructure. Among their primary concerns are the massive cooling systems and heavy-duty backup generators required to run the facility, which residents warn will produce relentless noise pollution and significantly raise local temperatures.

Additionally, community members raised red flags regarding safety risks, the immense drain on local electricity grids, and the overall decline in neighborhood quality of life. Pushing for a sensible resolution, the residents requested Naik to take up the matter with municipal and state authorities to shift the data centre into a designated industrial zone or a non-residential sector.

“Living right next to an industrial-scale facility jeopardizes our peace, safety, and daily living conditions,” expressed a concerned resident, emphasizing that heavy tech infrastructure belongs far from residential quarters.

As public pressure mounts, residents hope local leadership will successfully intervene to protect their community’s environment and residential character.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Shiv Sena Opposes Turbhe Waste-to-Energy Project Over Corruption Allegations

Published

on

Party leaders demand cancellation of the Rs 2,200 crore tender, alleging contractor irregularities and health risks to local residents.

The Project

A major political controversy has erupted around the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) following strong opposition from Shiv Sena leaders against the proposed Waste-to-Energy project at the Turbhe dumping ground. The project, designed to generate compressed biogas (CBG) from city garbage, has run into severe pushback over claims of massive financial irregularities.

Speaking out on behalf of local communities, Shiv Sena corporator Aniket Mhatre accused municipal officials and political figures of orchestrating a Rs 2,200 crore scam through flawed tender procedures. Party members claim that the selected contractor fails basic eligibility criteria, suggesting that rules were intentionally bypassed during the bidding phase to favor specific interests.

Beyond financial concerns, local leaders highlighted the growing health hazards faced by residents living near the Turbhe site. Pushing for long-term relief, Shiv Sena has urged the Environment Minister to intervene, initiate a formal technical probe into the tender process, and penalize any non-compliant contractors involved.

“We cannot allow public health and civic funds to be compromised,” stated Mhatre, insisting that the entire contract be scrapped and the dumping facility relocated far away from residential zones. With Shiv Sena demanding immediate cancellation of the project, mounting political pressure could force NMMC to re-evaluate its plans for the Turbhe facility.

Continue Reading

Latest News

MNS Threatens Protests Over Unpaid Allowances for Navi Mumbai Civic Workers

Published

on

Party sets deadline for NMMC to clear long-pending dues, warning of citywide agitations if demands remain ignored.

The Protest

A growing dispute over unpaid allowances has pushed municipal sanitation staff, contract workers, and civic employees to the brink of a major showdown with the NMMC. Stepping in on behalf of the struggling workforce, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has issued a stern ultimatum to civic authorities: clear the financial backlogs immediately or face aggressive street protests.

For months, essential municipal workers many of whom form the backbone of the city’s daily sanitation and administrative operations have been waiting on crucial arrears. These include pending festival bonuses, hazard allowances, and overtime payments that remain tangled in administrative red tape. Labor leaders allege that despite repeated appeals, municipal leadership and third-party contractors continue to push back payouts, leaving hundreds of low-income families in distress.

Taking up the mantle through its labor union wing, the Maharashtra Navnirman Kamgar Sena, MNS representatives formally handed a memorandum of demands to the NMMC Commissioner. Party leaders warned that patience among the workforce has worn thin.

“These workers keep the city running every single day, yet they have to fight for basic wages and earned allowances,” said a party spokesperson. “If NMMC administration does not settle these dues without further delay, we will take to the streets and shut down operations at headquarters.”

While NMMC officials maintain that administrative procedures are underway to resolve the billing discrepancies, the threat of an imminent agitation leaves Navi Mumbai facing potential disruption to its essential public services.

Continue Reading

Trending