Connect with us

India

Poland’s Ambassador to India denies charges made by a Shiv Sena MP

Published

on

Monday, February 28, Poland’s Ambassador to India, Adam Burakowski, rejected Shiv Sena MP Priyanka Chaturvedi’s assertions that Indians are not permitted to enter via Ukraine’s border by Poland. Chaturvedi had sent a tweet to Poland’s embassy in India, claiming that many Indian students were being denied admission. She further claimed that kids who were permitted to enter on Sunday were turned away.

Burakowski asked Chaturvedi to refrain from spreading false information and to double-check her sources before publishing anything on social media. He claimed that the Polish authorities did not bar Ukrainians from entering the country.

The Shiv Sena leader was irritated by his response, and he retaliated by slamming the Ambassador for correcting her error. She stated that she would be pleased to provide the names and contact information of the students who purportedly made the allegations. “I’d appreciate having the basic manners of contacting out before yelling fake news,” she continued.

He went on to say that he was confident that the Polish authorities would not refuse Indians access, and he pushed her to share the students’ information with the Polish Embassy in India. He went on to say that the Polish Embassy in India was in regular touch with India’s Ambassador to Poland, Nagma Mallick, to plan the evacuation of the Indian students.

So when Embassy requested her to DM the specifics because he couldn’t disclose his phone number in public, Chaturvedi flatly refused, stating that her phone number was public and that he could call her once he had all the facts. Chaturvedi said that the Polish ambassador, who is coordinating and assisting the Indian government’s withdrawal from Poland, did not have all the information and should know better.

Since Russia’s military activity began on February 24, approximately three lakh refugees (of all nationalities) have crossed the border between Ukraine and Poland, according to Burakowski, with 1200 Indians among them. After that, Chaturvedi suggested communicating through the official channels rather than on Twitter. Surprisingly, she was the one who started the topic on social media.

Chaturvedi was irritated to see the Ambassador reacting to her personally since she did not tag him in the first tweet, which was an intriguing component of the dialogue.

While the Ambassador had requested that she transmit data to the Polish Embassy, Chaturvedi published a photo of the students she said had been denied admission to Poland or had been sent back from Poland.

Burakowski’s response to Chaturvedi was also retweeted by the Indian Embassy in Poland, which annoyed her.

India would provide buses for Indians across the Ukrainian border.

Ten buses have begun running at Shehyni on the Ukraine side of the border, according to the Indian Embassy in Poland’s latest announcement.

The buses would transport Indian people to other border crossings in Poland where they could travel. The buses would pass through the border crossings of Krakowiec and Budomierz before dropping students off at the Embassy’s Rzeszow residential lodgings.

The goal is to minimize crowding at Shehyni and offer a secure environment for Indian nationals. The buses are reserved especially for those who are stranded at the Shehyni border. The embassy also advised Indians in Lviv to stay put and wait for the traffic at the Shehyni border to clear. Poland’s government had previously stated that Indian students would not be required to submit visas.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Residents Urge Ganesh Naik to Relocate Amazon Data Centre Away from Neighborhood

Published

on

Local citizens express deep concerns over constant noise, extreme heat generation, and safety risks near homes.

The Urge

Growing anxieties over industrial development encroaching on residential peace have prompted local citizens to seek political intervention against a major technology infrastructure project. Residents have formally approached senior leader and MLA Ganesh Naik, urging him to push for the relocation of a proposed Amazon data centre away from their living spaces.

The planned facility has triggered strong pushback from neighboring families who fear the severe, round-the-clock environmental toll of high-density computing infrastructure. Among their primary concerns are the massive cooling systems and heavy-duty backup generators required to run the facility, which residents warn will produce relentless noise pollution and significantly raise local temperatures.

Additionally, community members raised red flags regarding safety risks, the immense drain on local electricity grids, and the overall decline in neighborhood quality of life. Pushing for a sensible resolution, the residents requested Naik to take up the matter with municipal and state authorities to shift the data centre into a designated industrial zone or a non-residential sector.

“Living right next to an industrial-scale facility jeopardizes our peace, safety, and daily living conditions,” expressed a concerned resident, emphasizing that heavy tech infrastructure belongs far from residential quarters.

As public pressure mounts, residents hope local leadership will successfully intervene to protect their community’s environment and residential character.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Shiv Sena Opposes Turbhe Waste-to-Energy Project Over Corruption Allegations

Published

on

Party leaders demand cancellation of the Rs 2,200 crore tender, alleging contractor irregularities and health risks to local residents.

The Project

A major political controversy has erupted around the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) following strong opposition from Shiv Sena leaders against the proposed Waste-to-Energy project at the Turbhe dumping ground. The project, designed to generate compressed biogas (CBG) from city garbage, has run into severe pushback over claims of massive financial irregularities.

Speaking out on behalf of local communities, Shiv Sena corporator Aniket Mhatre accused municipal officials and political figures of orchestrating a Rs 2,200 crore scam through flawed tender procedures. Party members claim that the selected contractor fails basic eligibility criteria, suggesting that rules were intentionally bypassed during the bidding phase to favor specific interests.

Beyond financial concerns, local leaders highlighted the growing health hazards faced by residents living near the Turbhe site. Pushing for long-term relief, Shiv Sena has urged the Environment Minister to intervene, initiate a formal technical probe into the tender process, and penalize any non-compliant contractors involved.

“We cannot allow public health and civic funds to be compromised,” stated Mhatre, insisting that the entire contract be scrapped and the dumping facility relocated far away from residential zones. With Shiv Sena demanding immediate cancellation of the project, mounting political pressure could force NMMC to re-evaluate its plans for the Turbhe facility.

Continue Reading

Latest News

MNS Threatens Protests Over Unpaid Allowances for Navi Mumbai Civic Workers

Published

on

Party sets deadline for NMMC to clear long-pending dues, warning of citywide agitations if demands remain ignored.

The Protest

A growing dispute over unpaid allowances has pushed municipal sanitation staff, contract workers, and civic employees to the brink of a major showdown with the NMMC. Stepping in on behalf of the struggling workforce, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has issued a stern ultimatum to civic authorities: clear the financial backlogs immediately or face aggressive street protests.

For months, essential municipal workers many of whom form the backbone of the city’s daily sanitation and administrative operations have been waiting on crucial arrears. These include pending festival bonuses, hazard allowances, and overtime payments that remain tangled in administrative red tape. Labor leaders allege that despite repeated appeals, municipal leadership and third-party contractors continue to push back payouts, leaving hundreds of low-income families in distress.

Taking up the mantle through its labor union wing, the Maharashtra Navnirman Kamgar Sena, MNS representatives formally handed a memorandum of demands to the NMMC Commissioner. Party leaders warned that patience among the workforce has worn thin.

“These workers keep the city running every single day, yet they have to fight for basic wages and earned allowances,” said a party spokesperson. “If NMMC administration does not settle these dues without further delay, we will take to the streets and shut down operations at headquarters.”

While NMMC officials maintain that administrative procedures are underway to resolve the billing discrepancies, the threat of an imminent agitation leaves Navi Mumbai facing potential disruption to its essential public services.

Continue Reading

Trending