India
Hindustani Bhau granted bail by the Mumbai Court
The Mumbai sessions court granted bail to social media personality Vikas Fhatak alias ‘Hindustani Bhau’ on Thursday. He was arrested outside Maharashtra Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad’s apartment on February 1 for allegedly inciting students and planning to riot. He was remanded in judicial jail for 14 days on February 5.
“In the subject of Dharavi students protesting online exams, the Mumbai sessions court on Thursday granted bail to social media influencer Vikas Fhatak alias ‘Hindustani Bhau,'” Advocate Aniket Nikam told ANI.
His lawyer had previously stated that Fhatak had offered an “unconditional apology” in court and promised to cooperate with the investigation. While Fhatak’s ’cause’ was correct, Mahesh Mulya, Advocate of Hindustani Bhau, told ANI that the events that followed were sad.
Hindustani Bhau is to blame for the Dharavi riots, according to the police.
Hindustani Bhau got arrested in February for encouraging students to stage a protest and demand online exams for grades 10 and 12. Iqrar Khan Vakhar Khan, the second suspect, has been apprehended. According to the police report, Hindustani Bhau allegedly invited students to gather in the Dharavi area near Maharashtra Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad’s home to protest. He had also posted a video on Instagram of himself ‘instigating the students,’ according to the report.
He can be heard claiming in the film, “COVID-19 was responsible for a large number of deaths. People are still afraid of it, especially now that the Omicron variant has arrived. Stay at home and take precautions, according to the administration.”
Hundreds of kids demonstrated near the home of Maharashtra School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad in Mumbai, demanding that the offline tests be cancelled. Two buses were damaged by disgruntled students in Nagpur, according to police.
Following the protests, the Dharavi Police filed an FIR against Fhatak under several sections of the Indian Penal Code, including rioting, the Maharashtra Police Act, the Maharashtra Disaster Management Act, and the Maharashtra Prevention of Defacement of Property Act.
Latest News
Residents Urge Ganesh Naik to Relocate Amazon Data Centre Away from Neighborhood
Local citizens express deep concerns over constant noise, extreme heat generation, and safety risks near homes.
The Urge
Growing anxieties over industrial development encroaching on residential peace have prompted local citizens to seek political intervention against a major technology infrastructure project. Residents have formally approached senior leader and MLA Ganesh Naik, urging him to push for the relocation of a proposed Amazon data centre away from their living spaces.
The planned facility has triggered strong pushback from neighboring families who fear the severe, round-the-clock environmental toll of high-density computing infrastructure. Among their primary concerns are the massive cooling systems and heavy-duty backup generators required to run the facility, which residents warn will produce relentless noise pollution and significantly raise local temperatures.
Additionally, community members raised red flags regarding safety risks, the immense drain on local electricity grids, and the overall decline in neighborhood quality of life. Pushing for a sensible resolution, the residents requested Naik to take up the matter with municipal and state authorities to shift the data centre into a designated industrial zone or a non-residential sector.
“Living right next to an industrial-scale facility jeopardizes our peace, safety, and daily living conditions,” expressed a concerned resident, emphasizing that heavy tech infrastructure belongs far from residential quarters.
As public pressure mounts, residents hope local leadership will successfully intervene to protect their community’s environment and residential character.
Latest News
Shiv Sena Opposes Turbhe Waste-to-Energy Project Over Corruption Allegations
Party leaders demand cancellation of the Rs 2,200 crore tender, alleging contractor irregularities and health risks to local residents.
The Project
A major political controversy has erupted around the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) following strong opposition from Shiv Sena leaders against the proposed Waste-to-Energy project at the Turbhe dumping ground. The project, designed to generate compressed biogas (CBG) from city garbage, has run into severe pushback over claims of massive financial irregularities.
Speaking out on behalf of local communities, Shiv Sena corporator Aniket Mhatre accused municipal officials and political figures of orchestrating a Rs 2,200 crore scam through flawed tender procedures. Party members claim that the selected contractor fails basic eligibility criteria, suggesting that rules were intentionally bypassed during the bidding phase to favor specific interests.
Beyond financial concerns, local leaders highlighted the growing health hazards faced by residents living near the Turbhe site. Pushing for long-term relief, Shiv Sena has urged the Environment Minister to intervene, initiate a formal technical probe into the tender process, and penalize any non-compliant contractors involved.
“We cannot allow public health and civic funds to be compromised,” stated Mhatre, insisting that the entire contract be scrapped and the dumping facility relocated far away from residential zones. With Shiv Sena demanding immediate cancellation of the project, mounting political pressure could force NMMC to re-evaluate its plans for the Turbhe facility.
Latest News
MNS Threatens Protests Over Unpaid Allowances for Navi Mumbai Civic Workers
Party sets deadline for NMMC to clear long-pending dues, warning of citywide agitations if demands remain ignored.
The Protest
A growing dispute over unpaid allowances has pushed municipal sanitation staff, contract workers, and civic employees to the brink of a major showdown with the NMMC. Stepping in on behalf of the struggling workforce, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has issued a stern ultimatum to civic authorities: clear the financial backlogs immediately or face aggressive street protests.
For months, essential municipal workers many of whom form the backbone of the city’s daily sanitation and administrative operations have been waiting on crucial arrears. These include pending festival bonuses, hazard allowances, and overtime payments that remain tangled in administrative red tape. Labor leaders allege that despite repeated appeals, municipal leadership and third-party contractors continue to push back payouts, leaving hundreds of low-income families in distress.
Taking up the mantle through its labor union wing, the Maharashtra Navnirman Kamgar Sena, MNS representatives formally handed a memorandum of demands to the NMMC Commissioner. Party leaders warned that patience among the workforce has worn thin.
“These workers keep the city running every single day, yet they have to fight for basic wages and earned allowances,” said a party spokesperson. “If NMMC administration does not settle these dues without further delay, we will take to the streets and shut down operations at headquarters.”
While NMMC officials maintain that administrative procedures are underway to resolve the billing discrepancies, the threat of an imminent agitation leaves Navi Mumbai facing potential disruption to its essential public services.
-
Fact Check6 years agoNidhi Razdan, fake Harvard professorship, and here is the explanation through her blog.
-
India4 years agoAs the arrangement with Prashant Kishor falls through Rahul Gandhi has gone overseas again and is uncontactable
-
Technology5 years agoBSNL reveals all new 4G plans starting at ₹16
-
Latest News5 years agoGovernment has spent ₹9,725 crores on Covid-19 vaccination drive so far
-
Latest News5 years agoTata wins Air India with ₹18,000 crore bid
-
Latest News5 years agoJharkhand government cuts Petrol price by massive ₹25 a litre but with a catch
-
Latest News5 years agoRaj Kundra Gave ₹25 Lakh Bribe to Mumbai Crime Branch to Avoid Arrest
-
Navi Mumbai5 years agoNavi Mumbai civic body raids and tests morning walkers, many found COVID positive
