Connect with us

Latest News

For staying illegally in Navi Mumbai, A Bangladeshi Couple along with their son were detained

Published

on

According to an authoritative official on Wednesday, the Navi Mumbai Police have detained a Bangladeshi couple and their son for reportedly living illegally in the Maharashtra city of Navi Mumbai. The three people were discovered by an Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) squad during a raid on Monday night in the Nerul neighbourhood and were later captured, a police official from the Nerul police station reportedly told the sources.

The officer said to the news agency that the 43-year-old man, his 40-year-old wife, and their 25-year-old kid did not have any documentation allowing them to remain in India. According to the Nerul police, the three people have been charged with violations under the Indian Penal Code, the Passport (Entry into India) Rules, and the Foreigners Act. An official had previously claimed, according to the sources, that the Navi Mumbai police had detained eight Bangladeshi citizens in August, three of whom were women, for allegedly overstaying their visas.

The Bangladeshi nationals were apprehended when police from the anti-human trafficking cell (AHTC) conducted a raid on a residential neighbourhood in Ulwe based on a tip-off, the officer reported.

The eight accused, including three women, had been residing in the area for the previous eight months but without any legal identification, he claimed. According to a Navi Mumbai police official, they have been charged with violating pertinent parts of the Indian Penal Code, the Passport (Entry into India) Rules of 1950, and the Foreigners Act of 1946.

In separate operations across Mumbai and Navi Mumbai on August 3, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) claimed to have detained nine Bangladeshi nationals who were unlawfully present in the country, an official informed news agency PTI. He claimed that two of them were wanted in relation to a rape case that had been reported to the Navi Mumbai Nerul police station in 2022. The operations, which took place over a week in several areas, were a part of a campaign to remove Bangladeshi nationals who were illegally residing in the country, the official reported. A Bangladeshi woman was taken into custody by ATS officials on July 26 after a raid was carried out in the Navi Mumbai village of Nerul. He claimed that she was sought after as a result of a Mumbai Crime Branch case opened in 2009. The officer informed PTI that in addition to her, two other males wanted in the rape case were also taken into custody from the satellite city.

Four Bangladeshi nationals were detained by ATS investigators during a search at Byculla in the city the next day, according to him. They were wanted in connection with a Passport Act case. Two neighbours were taken into custody in central Mumbai during another operation, the official told sources.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Inter-School Cultural Cup Sees Overwhelming Participation In Navi Mumbai

Published

on

Navi Mumbai Students Shine At NMMC’s Inter-School Cultural Cup.

The Competition

The Inter-School Cultural Cup, organized by the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) Sports and Cultural Department, has received an enthusiastic response from students across the city. The event aims to encourage and showcase artistic talent, featuring competitions in singing, dance, short plays, and street plays.

The preliminary rounds, held on March 7 and 8, 2025, across two zones, saw over 4,000 students from various schools participating. A total of 54 schools competed in singing, 65 in dance, 28 in short plays, and 23 in street plays. These initial rounds were conducted in a rehearsal format without elaborate costumes.

A distinguished panel of judges evaluated the performances, including music composer Rigved Deshpande for singing and dancer Priya Samarth for dance. Following the intense preliminary rounds, 20 schools have qualified for the finals in singing and dance, while 10 schools each have advanced in short plays and street plays.

The finals for short plays and street plays are scheduled for March 12, 2025, at Vishnudas Bhave Auditorium, Vashi, followed by the singing and dance finals on March 13 at the same venue.

The competition will conclude with a grand prize distribution ceremony on March 13 at 4 PM, where winners will be honored for their outstanding performances. The event continues to serve as a prestigious platform for young performers to display their artistic skills.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Commuters Are Severely Impacted By The Severe Bus Shortage At NMMT’s Ghansoli Depot

Published

on

There is a severe bus shortage at NMMT’s Ghansoli Depot, severely impacting commuters.

The Shortage

The Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT) Ghansoli depot is facing a severe crisis, with over 50% of its fleet rendered non-operational due to poor maintenance and technical failures. The situation has led to significant inconvenience for daily commuters who rely on these services.

According to sources, out of the 114 buses in the depot’s fleet, as many as 75 are currently out of service. These buses have been grounded due to various technical issues, including engine failure, gear defects, and chassis cracks. As a result, only 39 buses are operational, of which eight are reserved for school students, leaving a mere 31 buses for public transport.

Commuters have raised concerns about the reliability and safety of the remaining operational buses, fearing mechanical failures due to inadequate maintenance. A Ghansoli resident voiced concerns about the potential risks posed by the poorly maintained buses.

NMMT General Manager Yogesh Kaduskar acknowledged the crisis and assured commuters that efforts are underway to repair and restore as many buses as possible. “We are working towards ensuring that maximum buses are repaired soon and brought on the road to serve commuters,” Kaduskar stated.

With limited buses available, passengers are struggling with overcrowding and increased waiting times. Many are urging NMMT to expedite repairs and improve fleet maintenance to restore normalcy to public transport in the region.

Continue Reading

Latest News

On April 7, NMMC Will Host Lokshahi Din, And Citizens Are Encouraged To Submit Grievances

Published

on

The Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) will conduct its monthly Lokshahi Din (Democracy Day) on April 7, 2025, in line with Maharashtra government directives. The initiative allows citizens to present grievances directly to the administration for resolution.

Residents wishing to submit complaints must apply in the prescribed format in two copies by March 2, 2025, addressing their applications to the Commissioner of NMMC with “Application for Lokshahi Din” clearly marked on the front.

According to an NMMC official, only personal grievances related to a single department and a single issue will be considered. Applicants must have already approached the relevant department or authority before applying. Matters under judicial consideration, revenue or appeal-related issues, service concerns, and establishment-related complaints will not be entertained.

Applications that fail to follow the required format or lack supporting documents will be rejected. Additionally, grievances that are not personal in nature or have already received a final response will not be considered.

The prescribed application format is available free of charge at the Public Relations Department, 3rd Floor, NMMC New Headquarters, Sector 15A, near Kille Gaonthan, CBD Belapur.

Lokshahi Din serves as a crucial platform for direct citizen engagement with the administration, ensuring transparency and accountability in governance. Residents are encouraged to submit their grievances promptly to take advantage of this opportunity.

Continue Reading

Trending