Connect with us

Latest News

A lady is choked by a housing society security after she repeatedly requests a marriage in Navi Mumbai

Published

on

According to police, a 40-year-old security guard of a Navi Mumbai housing complex killed a married lady with whom he was having an affair before throwing the body in the bushes. Rajkumar Baburam Pal, the defendant, was apprehended by the police on Tuesday.

According to the police, he intended to get rid of the woman since she insisted on getting married to him constantly. According to senior police inspector Vishwanath Kolekar, a body of an unidentified lady was discovered in the bushes on February 12 in the Koparkhairane neighbourhood of Navi Mumbai town in the Thane district.

According to him, the woman was strangled to death with a dupatta and then placed in bushes to obliterate any potential proof. In accordance with Indian Penal Code Sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing the loss of evidence of a crime), the Koparkhairane police sent the body for a post-mortem and filed a complaint against an unnamed individual.

Later, the Navi Mumbai police informed all Maharashtra police stations about the discovery of the body and learned that a report of a missing lady had been opened at the Trombay police station in neighbouring Mumbai, the officer said.

The police intensified their investigation after determining that the missing woman’s description and the body recovered in Navi Mumbai matched. The relatives of the missing woman was contacted by the police. According to the official, her spouse reported that she was gone and employed as a cleaner in Mumbai’s Mankhurd neighbourhood.

Later, when the victim’s phone was discovered, the authorities also learned that the victim was in love with the security guard, Pal. As Pal was apprehended, the official said that when he was being questioned by the police, he admitted that the woman had frequently asked him to marry her.

The security guard made the decision to remove her since he was tired of her incessant demands. The authorities said that he phoned her to a location close to the housing complex where he worked and strangled her to death. The official said that the accused then placed the body in the bushes close to the housing society and indicated that the matter was still being investigated.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Tragic Loss in Airoli, Safety Negligence Kills Two Construction Workers

Published

on

A snapped crane wire triggers a fatal fall on-site, prompting police charges against engineers and operators.

The Tragic Incident

A routine workday turned into a devastating tragedy at a high-rise construction site in Airoli Sector 20, where two workers lost their lives following a catastrophic equipment failure.

The deceased have been identified as 41-year-old Bobby Roy from Bihar and 34-year-old Rahul Mishra from Uttar Pradesh. Both men were working on the ground floor when a heavy steel beam being lifted by a tower crane toward the sixth floor suddenly plummeted toward them after a crane wire rope snapped under heavy tension. The sheer impact left both workers with fatal injuries before help could arrive.

Subsequent investigations and CCTV footage revealed glaring safety lapses at the site. Authorities noted that the management failed to enforce basic safety protocols: no barricades were set up around the dangerous lifting zone, and workers were permitted to stand directly underneath heavy overhead loads.

Following the incident, Rabale Police filed a formal case against the crane operator, site supervisor, and site management authorities. Charges have been brought under laws governing death by negligence. As legal notices are served to those responsible, the tragic event serves as a stark reminder of the human cost paid when workplace safety takes a back seat to progress.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Wheels of Corruption? ₹729-Crore Turbhe Waste Project Under Fire

Published

on

Opposition demands probe after BJP leader is linked to a luxury Mercedes registered hours before a massive civic contract was awarded.

The Project

A massive political storm has erupted in the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) after explosive allegations linked a high-end Mercedes-Benz car to the city’s Rs 729-crore Turbhe Waste-to-Energy project.

Opposition corporators from the Shiv Sena (Shinde faction) stormed a recent civic meeting wearing paper protest jackets emblazoned with anti-corruption slogans. At the heart of the uproar is BJP leader Sagar Naik, whom opposition members accuse of using a luxury Mercedes valued at nearly Rs 1.5 crore, allegedly owned by R&B Greentech the firm awarded the lucrative waste-processing contract.

What raised immediate eyebrows is the timeline. Opponents claim the vehicle was registered just 24 hours before NMMC officially handed over the Rs 729-crore work order. Pointing to the suspicious timing, opposition leaders are calling for Naik’s resignation alongside high-level investigations by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), Income Tax Department, and judicial authorities.

Naik, however, firmly denied any wrongdoing, calling the accusations a politically motivated smear campaign aimed at misleading the public. While acknowledging he has occasionally driven the vehicle, he challenged his critics to produce concrete proof to investigative agencies or face legal defamation proceedings.

As the municipal hall cooled down, the question remains whether civic authorities will initiate an independent probe into the tender process. For Navi Mumbai residents, a project meant to clean up the city’s waste has instead left a foul smell in local politics.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Navi Mumbai Residents Demand Better Sanitation

Published

on

Growing anger over filthy public restrooms and broken promises sparks intense debate at recent municipal meeting.

The Demand

For thousands of daily commuters and local shoppers in Navi Mumbai, finding a clean public washroom has become a daily struggle. What was promised as modern urban infrastructure has turned into a source of frustration, sparking heated debates at a recent Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) meeting.

Across several nodes, public and community toilets suffer from utter neglect broken doors, missing taps, foul odors, and filthy conditions. High-tech “e-toilets,” once touted as a step into the future, lie abandoned or vandalized, their coin boxes stolen and interiors damaged. For women, senior citizens, and daily wage earners, the lack of usable sanitation is no longer just an inconvenience; it is a serious dignity and health issue.

Adding to the outrage, residents and civic activists pointed out that several facilities have been built directly inside neighborhood gardens and playgrounds, eating up precious open space while offering little usable utility in return. Citizens have voiced sharp concern over tax money being wasted on stalled maintenance contracts and ill-conceived projects.

In response to the rising public anger, officials are reconsidering their strategy. The civic body is looking to move away from fragile automated units and return to well-staffed traditional facilities. Plans are also underway to partner with local non-profits and leverage corporate funding to ensure daily upkeep. However, for residents waiting for relief, clean and accessible toilets cannot come soon enough.

Continue Reading

Trending