India
Eknath Khadse gives his statements to Mumbai Police in phone tapping case
Eknath Khadse, the leader of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), appeared before the Colaba police in Mumbai on Thursday to give his statement in the phone tapping case.
During the Maharashtra assembly elections in 2019, Khadse’s and his personal assistant’s phones were allegedly tapped. Rashmi Shukla, a former head of the Maharashtra Police’s State Intelligence Department, is one of the defendants in the case. She is suspected of listening in on Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and NCP leader Khadse’s phone calls.
Khadse stated his outrage over his phone being tapped while his party was in power, after recording the statement as a witness with the police. “My phone was tapped, and I was told that I was an anti-social person.” My phone was still tapped even though I was in the BJP at the time. I’ve instructed the cops to look into who ordered the phone tap.”
According to Khadse, his BJP political opponents may have provided the orders for phone tapping. “In my statement, I requested that the police investigate what was said in the taped calls.” Shukla, as an officer, would not be able to accomplish these things on her own. Police should investigate who gave her the order to tap phones and how the information was disseminated.”
“I spent 40 years of my life to the BJP and this is the abuse I got,” the NCP leader continued. When this occurred, our party was in power. I’ve sought legal advice and will bring a defamation claim against the person who called me an anti-social element.”
Following a report by Senior Police Officer Rajiv Jain, an FIR was filed against Shukla at the Colaba police station in early March under the Indian Telegraph Act and parts of the Indian Penal Code. According to Jain’s accusation, Shukla had put Raut and Khadse’s phones under surveillance.
Shukla’s statement has been recorded thrice by the Colaba police since then. She claimed in her statement that she had obtained the necessary approval before listening in on the phone conversations. In this case, she is protected from arrest.
Latest News
Residents Urge Ganesh Naik to Relocate Amazon Data Centre Away from Neighborhood
Local citizens express deep concerns over constant noise, extreme heat generation, and safety risks near homes.
The Urge
Growing anxieties over industrial development encroaching on residential peace have prompted local citizens to seek political intervention against a major technology infrastructure project. Residents have formally approached senior leader and MLA Ganesh Naik, urging him to push for the relocation of a proposed Amazon data centre away from their living spaces.
The planned facility has triggered strong pushback from neighboring families who fear the severe, round-the-clock environmental toll of high-density computing infrastructure. Among their primary concerns are the massive cooling systems and heavy-duty backup generators required to run the facility, which residents warn will produce relentless noise pollution and significantly raise local temperatures.
Additionally, community members raised red flags regarding safety risks, the immense drain on local electricity grids, and the overall decline in neighborhood quality of life. Pushing for a sensible resolution, the residents requested Naik to take up the matter with municipal and state authorities to shift the data centre into a designated industrial zone or a non-residential sector.
“Living right next to an industrial-scale facility jeopardizes our peace, safety, and daily living conditions,” expressed a concerned resident, emphasizing that heavy tech infrastructure belongs far from residential quarters.
As public pressure mounts, residents hope local leadership will successfully intervene to protect their community’s environment and residential character.
Latest News
Shiv Sena Opposes Turbhe Waste-to-Energy Project Over Corruption Allegations
Party leaders demand cancellation of the Rs 2,200 crore tender, alleging contractor irregularities and health risks to local residents.
The Project
A major political controversy has erupted around the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) following strong opposition from Shiv Sena leaders against the proposed Waste-to-Energy project at the Turbhe dumping ground. The project, designed to generate compressed biogas (CBG) from city garbage, has run into severe pushback over claims of massive financial irregularities.
Speaking out on behalf of local communities, Shiv Sena corporator Aniket Mhatre accused municipal officials and political figures of orchestrating a Rs 2,200 crore scam through flawed tender procedures. Party members claim that the selected contractor fails basic eligibility criteria, suggesting that rules were intentionally bypassed during the bidding phase to favor specific interests.
Beyond financial concerns, local leaders highlighted the growing health hazards faced by residents living near the Turbhe site. Pushing for long-term relief, Shiv Sena has urged the Environment Minister to intervene, initiate a formal technical probe into the tender process, and penalize any non-compliant contractors involved.
“We cannot allow public health and civic funds to be compromised,” stated Mhatre, insisting that the entire contract be scrapped and the dumping facility relocated far away from residential zones. With Shiv Sena demanding immediate cancellation of the project, mounting political pressure could force NMMC to re-evaluate its plans for the Turbhe facility.
Latest News
MNS Threatens Protests Over Unpaid Allowances for Navi Mumbai Civic Workers
Party sets deadline for NMMC to clear long-pending dues, warning of citywide agitations if demands remain ignored.
The Protest
A growing dispute over unpaid allowances has pushed municipal sanitation staff, contract workers, and civic employees to the brink of a major showdown with the NMMC. Stepping in on behalf of the struggling workforce, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has issued a stern ultimatum to civic authorities: clear the financial backlogs immediately or face aggressive street protests.
For months, essential municipal workers many of whom form the backbone of the city’s daily sanitation and administrative operations have been waiting on crucial arrears. These include pending festival bonuses, hazard allowances, and overtime payments that remain tangled in administrative red tape. Labor leaders allege that despite repeated appeals, municipal leadership and third-party contractors continue to push back payouts, leaving hundreds of low-income families in distress.
Taking up the mantle through its labor union wing, the Maharashtra Navnirman Kamgar Sena, MNS representatives formally handed a memorandum of demands to the NMMC Commissioner. Party leaders warned that patience among the workforce has worn thin.
“These workers keep the city running every single day, yet they have to fight for basic wages and earned allowances,” said a party spokesperson. “If NMMC administration does not settle these dues without further delay, we will take to the streets and shut down operations at headquarters.”
While NMMC officials maintain that administrative procedures are underway to resolve the billing discrepancies, the threat of an imminent agitation leaves Navi Mumbai facing potential disruption to its essential public services.
-
Fact Check6 years agoNidhi Razdan, fake Harvard professorship, and here is the explanation through her blog.
-
India4 years agoAs the arrangement with Prashant Kishor falls through Rahul Gandhi has gone overseas again and is uncontactable
-
Technology5 years agoBSNL reveals all new 4G plans starting at ₹16
-
Latest News5 years agoGovernment has spent ₹9,725 crores on Covid-19 vaccination drive so far
-
Latest News5 years agoTata wins Air India with ₹18,000 crore bid
-
Latest News5 years agoJharkhand government cuts Petrol price by massive ₹25 a litre but with a catch
-
Latest News5 years agoRaj Kundra Gave ₹25 Lakh Bribe to Mumbai Crime Branch to Avoid Arrest
-
Navi Mumbai5 years agoNavi Mumbai civic body raids and tests morning walkers, many found COVID positive
